In the world of marketing, it’s easy to get lost in the details. You’re constantly trying to come up with new ideas and strategies to set yourself apart from your competitors. But how do you measure your success?
That’s where a brand perception audit comes in. It helps you:
- Understand how your brand is performing in the minds of buyers
- Identify areas for improvement, so you can gain a competitive advantage
- Create targeted marketing strategies that resonate with your target audience.
Let’s look at what a brand perception audit is and why it’s important for B2B technology brands.
What Is A Brand Perception Audit?
A brand perception audit is an assessment of how customers perceive your business or product. The purpose of this type of audit is to understand your customer / clients opinions about your brand and identify areas for improvement compared to competitors.
To conduct a successful audit, data is gathered from a range of sources:
- Customer feedback
- Social media mentions
- Peer reviews
- Analyst insights
- Surveys are sent to buyers that know you and have either worked for you or decided to work with one of your competitors instead of you.
This data can then be used to develop more effective value propositions, marketing strategies and messaging that resonates with the target audience. It can also help you identify the best medium for your message, ensuring your marketing spend delivers a better ROI.
Why Brand Perception Audits are Important For B2B Technology Brands?
For B2B technology brands, conducting regular brand perception audits helps ensure that their branding strategies are meeting their goals.
By gathering data from customer feedback, reviews, social media mentions, analysts and surveys you’ll gain valuable insights into what customers think about your products or services—and perhaps even more importantly—which features are most desired.
This information can then be used to create targeted messaging that speaks directly to your target audience and better positions them against their competitors in the marketplace.
5 reasons you should do a brand perception audit
- Understand your brand's reputation: Running a brand perception audit can help you understand how your brand is perceived by your target audience. This can provide valuable insights into what people think about your brand, what they like or dislike, and how they perceive your brand compared to your competitors.
2. Identify areas for improvement: Feedback and responses from your audience can identify areas where your brand may need to improve. This can help you create a plan to address any negative perceptions or gaps in your brand image.
3. Gain a competitive advantage: Understanding how your brand compares to your competitors in terms of perception can help you gain a competitive advantage. This can help you identify areas where you can differentiate your brand and stand out from the competition.
4. Improve marketing and messaging: The insights gained from a brand perception audit can help you improve your marketing and messaging efforts. You can use the feedback to create messaging that resonates with your target audience and addresses any negative perceptions.
5. Measure the success of your brand strategy: Running a brand perception audit can also help you measure the success of your brand strategy over time. By conducting regular audits, you can track changes in perception and make adjustments to your strategy as needed to ensure you are meeting your brand goals.
Conducting regular brand perception audits is essential if you want to stay ahead of the competition in today’s digital landscape. Not only does it provide insight into how customers view your company or product, but it also allows you to pinpoint areas for improvement when comparing yourself to your competitors.
With this information, you can create targeted marketing strategies that will help you reach your goals faster.
If you’d like to hear what we’ve done for our clients, get in touch by sending us an email firstname.lastname@example.org