1st February, 2023 – Daniel Harrington and Matthew Kirtley from Resonance go over the biggest news in B2B tech and predict what upcoming headlines to watch out for next in the latest episode of Wavelength.
What happens now Tech Nation's closed down? How strong is the lawsuit against OpenAI and GitHub's Copilot? Is the UK's semiconductor strategy clear enough? And what effect will sweeping layoffs have on the global talent pool?
Listen to more of episodes of Wavelength here! Please enjoy and stay tuned for our next episode!
Please enjoy and stay tuned for our next episode!
Where can I find Wavelength?
Wavelength is available on all major podcast platforms.
- Microsoft, GitHub, OpenAI want Copilot case dismissed • The Register
- OpenAI, Microsoft want court to toss lawsuit accusing them of abusing open-source code | Reuters
- The current legal cases against generative AI are just the beginning | TechCrunch
- These Companies Have Announced the Biggest Layoffs in 2023 | Time
- IBM SAP To Cut Thousands Of Jobs | Silicon UK Tech News
- IBM layoffs: Company announces 3,900 job cuts, SAP nearly 3,000 | CNN Business
- Need for UK semiconductor strategy is urgent, says letter to PM
- Open Letter
- UK tech urges Rishi Sunak to deliver semiconductor strategy
- Tech Nation to shut down after government controversially gives funding to Barclays
- Fears for Global tech visa scheme as Tech Nation shuts down
- Tech Nation shutting down as UK government controversially pulls key funding | Sifted
- Salesforce CEO Compared Losing Employees to Layoffs to People Dying
- Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff dodges questions on layoffs in all-hands | Fortune
Music used under Creative Commons license: Covert Affair by Kevin MacLeod